Self Care Saturday: DIY Face Masks From Your Fridge
Face masks are a beauty trend that I have become more obsessed with over the past year or so. My favourites have come from the likes of Lush and Tone It Up. Natural face masks work far better for my sensitive skin, so naturally (no pun intended), when looking for masks I could make myself, I wanted to find ones with ingredients I could find right in my kitchen.
I love the way my skin feels after a good mask, like somehow, all the dirt and stress of the day has been covered and then washed away thanks to the beautiful scrub I've used. I wanted to find masks that could re-produce that feeling while making them at home with some of my favourite foods.
I found 3 recipes I have come to love and highly recommend you try out. Of course, if you have any type of food allergy to any of the items in these masks, don't make it!
Avocado + Banana + Olive Oil
1/2 very ripe banana
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Peel banana and avocado and place in bowl.
2) Add in olive oil.
3) Mash ingredients and mix well.
4) Rub mask all over your face, avoiding eyes. Let sit for 10-15 minutes then wash and pat face clean with a damp towel.
Banana + Honey
(great to brighten skin)
2 tbsp mashed banana
1 tbsp honey
1) Mix ingredients and apply to clean face.
2) Let sit for 20-30 minutes then rinse off.
Coffee + Honey
1 tbsp coffee powder
1 tbsp honey
1) Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and apply to clean face.
2) Gently massage in circular motions.
3) Let sit for 20 minutes then rinse off.